The last meeting was held at the Summer AAPT 2001 Meeting in Rochester, NY.
PIRA sponsored two 2-day workshops; one on demos and one on labs.
PIRA also sponsored the Annual Apparatus Competition.
The winners were:
Low Cost Category (each prize, $100):
* Apparatus for Determination of Diffusion Coefficient by Refringence Variation
* Temperature Variation of Resistance
* A Low-Cost, Battery-Powered Precession Generator Which Permits Extended Periods of Student Manipulation
* Apparatus Demonstrating the Dynamics of the Chatter Ring Toy
* An Equipotential PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
Introductory Laboratory Category First Prize ($1000)
2nd Place ($600 award) (two were awarded):
* A Modified Binary Eclipsing Star System Model
* Pneumatic Ripple Tank
3rd Place ($200 Award)
* Strings and Springs 1-D Mechanical Analogy to Quantum Mechanics.
As always, we like to take pictures at the meetings ...here are some from Rochester contributed by various members!